- Free access to sets of loan bikes for five weeks
- Safe Cycle: an Australian Curriculum aligned classroom program for students to learn about bike safety and skills
- TQI Accredited Professional Learning workshops or online training
- Resources and support to run four active travel events in your school each year (National Ride2School Day, Walk Safely to School Day, Winter Walk to School Week and Ride Safely to School Week)
- Personalised maps to show the best route to your school
- Support from a dedicated program manager.
DATE IMPLEMENTED: 1 December 2012
COST OF PROGRAM: $75,000 per year
COST FOR USERS: Free
The Ride or Walk to School program (primary) and It’s Your Move Safe Cycle program (high school) provides ACT schools with safe cycling resources. It is aligned to the Australian curriculum and includes teacher training and information for parents. The aim is to increase the number of children walking and riding to and from school.
Part of program incorporating infrastructure, signage (Active Streets), and safety at school crossings (School Crossing Supervisors) to encourage children to use active travel to get to and from school.
RESULTS OF EVALUATION: