Membership Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EOI) for membership of Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand (CWANZ) for 2020-2022 are now open for the following membership types:
- Local Government (one position each for Australian capital city, regional, metropolitan and New Zealand)
- Representative Organisation
Terms are two years, commencing October 2020.
CWANZ is the Australasian peak group for walking and bike riding on transport and recreation networks. Members include senior and executive level leaders from all Australian state and territory transport agencies and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency; local government; and leading representative organisations for walking, cycling, health and mobility.
Our Vision is safe and connected walking and cycling networks and neighbourhoods for all, through working collaboratively to recommend strategies and actions that make walking and cycling an easy choice and a normal part of everyday life.
Collaboration at this level and degree of diversity is a first for Australia and New Zealand and provides the opportunity and leadership to support positive change for more sustainable and efficient mobility in our communities.
CWANZ’s work program includes:
- Identifying pilot and demonstration projects to implement and test cost-effective ways to expand walking and cycling networks;
- Building an active transport resources library for members, focused on walking and cycling; and
- Sharing knowledge via meetings, webinars and regular newsletters.
In May 2020, CWANZ hosted a webinar with an expert panel on a response to the increase in walking and cycling during the COVID-19 pandemic, which can be viewed on our Resources page, along with the summary and outcomes.
Quarterly meetings are held by video-conference and annual face-to-face meetings will resume in 2021.
Members are expected to:
- share information and knowledge supporting the development of CWANZ materials;
- provide advice and input to CWANZ discussions;
- disseminate CWANZ information and materials to their networks; and
- keep CWANZ informed of programs, initiatives or policy changes that might be relevant to other members.
EOIs for Local Government and Representative Organisations close 5.00 pm (AWST) 17 August 2020. Expressions of Interest for Associate Members are open on a continuous basis.
Application forms are available here. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.