Membership Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EOI) for membership of Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand (CWANZ) for 2022-2022 are now open for the following membership types:
- Local Government (one position each for Australian capital city, regional, metropolitan and New Zealand)
- Representative Organisation
Terms are two years, commencing August 2022.
Membership types are defined in the CWANZ Terms of Reference. Organisations will be selected to ensure that there is suitable representation and diversity within each membership type.
CWANZ is the Australasian peak group for walking and bike riding on transport and recreation networks. Members include senior and executive level leaders from all Australian state and territory transport agencies and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency; local government; and leading representative organisations for walking, cycling, health and mobility.
Our Vision is safe and connected walking and cycling networks and neighbourhoods for all, through working collaboratively to recommend strategies and actions that make walking and cycling an easy choice and a normal part of everyday life.
Collaboration at this level and degree of diversity is a first for Australia and New Zealand and provides the opportunity and leadership to support positive change for more sustainable and efficient mobility in our communities.
CWANZ’s work program includes:
- Creating networks and sharing knowledge via meetings, webinars and regular newsletters;
- Building an active transport resources library for members, focused on walking and cycling; and
- Reviewing guidance and trials relevant to walking and cycling prepared by an expert panel.
A series of fact sheets on active transport were published in 2022 and are available in our Resources section.
Members, including the state and territory transport agencies and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, meet via quarterly videoconference meetings with more regular meetings scheduled throughout the year for local government members and representative organisations.
There will be an annual face-to-face meeting in Sydney on 24 November 2022, in conjunction with the Micromobility conference. Remote access will be provided for members that are unable to attend in person.
Over the two-year term, members are expected to:
- share information and knowledge supporting the development of CWANZ materials;
- provide advice and input to CWANZ discussions;
- disseminate CWANZ information and materials to their networks; and
- keep CWANZ informed of programs, initiatives or policy changes that might be relevant to other members.
There is no cost for membership, however members are expected to cover their own expenses to attend the annual meeting.
EOIs for Local Government and Representative Organisations close 5.00 pm (AWST) Monday 18 July 2022. Expressions of Interest for Associate Members are open on a continuous basis.